Fourth of July Freedom Festival
Bring the whole family and experience our Fourth of July Freedom Festival taking place June 30-July 3, 2012 which includes nightly fireworks shows, a patriotic fly-over, military demonstrations, concerts from ABBAFab, Zowie Bowie, Paperback Writer and Super Diamond, family games, events and contests, and special summer food, drinks and frozen treats. This 4th of July event is one the entire family won't want to miss.
When the sun rises to greet you, indulge your every whim with four signature restaurants and lounges, five sparkling pools, thrilling 200-foot water slides including our new after-dark Techno Waterslides featuring fog, strobe lights and high-energy techno beats, as well as championship golf at the TPC Scottsdale, and our award-winning Willow Stream Spa and fireworks every Saturday night at our Lagoon Lawn (Memorial Day to Labor Day). Kids will enjoy daily poolside games, sport court and Bobcat Billy’s Clubhouse featuring scavenger hunts, photo safaris, fishing derbies, animal interactions and much more.
For a complete list of the week’s exciting activities, please click here.
Click here to make your reservations!
This Scottsdale Fourth of July Schedule of Events includes:
- Korean War-style and Huey helicopter viewings at Freedom Hill (Sunday-Tuesday)
- Humvees and military equipment on display at Princess Plaza (Sunday-Tuesday)
- Fly-overs by the Deer Valley War Birds (Saturday and Tuesday)
- Parachute drop-in from a former member of the elite parachute team, the Golden Knights (Tuesday)
- Nightly Concerts and Fireworks Shows
- Saturday, June 30: Super Diamond, the official Neil Diamond Tribute Band followed by a five-minute fireworks show
- Sunday, July 1: AbbaFab, the official Abba Tribute Band followed by a five-minute fireworks show
- Monday July 2: Paperback Writer, a Beatles Tribute Band followed by a five-minute fireworks show
- Tuesday, July 3: Zowie Bowie – followed by the resort’s grand finale 15-minute fireworks show
Daily poolside games, dive-in movies, events and much more:
Saturday, June 30 through Tuesday, July 3, 2012
- 9 to 11 am – Rock climbing wall at La Hacienda lawn
- 10 to 11 am – Pedal car races at La Hacienda Trellis
- 10 to 10:30 am – Military meet-n-greet/Q&A at Kid’s Club
- 11 am to 12 pm – Slide races at Sonoran Splash pool
- 11 am to 12 pm – Tie-dye t-shirts at the East Pool
- (Saturday and Monday - $10 fee)
- 11 am to 7 pm – Glitter tattoos at East/Sonoran Splash pool shop (Saturday-Tuesday)
- 12 to 12:30 pm – Bobcat Billy out-and-about
- 1 to 1:30 pm – Pool Olympics at East pool
- 1 to 2 pm – Military water-survival demonstration at East pool
- 1:30 to 2 pm – Underwater BINGO at Sonoran Splash pool
- 2 pm – Hula hoop, limbo, or watermelon eating contests at East pool
- 3 to 3:30 pm – Prize trivia at East pool
- 4 to 5 pm – Bobcat Billy out-and-about
- 4 to 6 pm – Rock climbing wall at La Hacienda lawn
- 7 to 10 pm – Techno Waterslides at Sonoran Splash pool
- 8 to 9 pm – Marshmallow roasting at East pool
Room rates start from $159* with the option to purchase Kid's and Adult All-Day Dining Passes upon check-in.
*Concerts and activities are exclusive for overnight guests of the resort or those dining in La Hacienda or Bourbon Steak. A portion of the event’s proceeds will benefit the Arizona National Guard Emergency Relief Fund and Friends of Freedom.