Christmas at the Princess
The Holiday Magic of Rockefeller Center…Conveniently Re-Located to the Princess.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year to celebrate the splendor of the season at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ annual Christmas festival. Our magical and enchanting AAA Five Diamond resort transforms into a winter wonderland, making it the perfect destination for all of your family holiday traditions.
Christmas at the Princess festival events and activities are open to the public and include:
DESERT ICE SKATING RINK
Fairmont Scottsdale’s Desert Ice Holiday Rink is made with real ice, surrounded by a picturesque Cactus Garden and this year, skaters will experience magical snowfalls. The rink is open to the public daily, November 21, 2013 – January 4, 2014.
$15 for adults | $10 for children 12 and younger | $5 for skate rental
A portion of the skating proceeds benefit the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
THE ICE DEN PRESENTS MAGICAL MOMENTS ON ICE
Guests will enjoy watching skaters of all ages from the Ice Den showcasing their talents to holiday music. The shows feature members of the Coyotes Skating Club of Arizona who currently compete from regional to international levels. The performances are choreographed by the Ice Den Skating staff and are sanctioned by the Coyotes Skating Club and U.S. Figure Skating.
Performances are on the evenings of:
- Wednesday, December 11 - 7 - 7:30pm
- Sunday, December 15 - 7 - 7:30pm
- Saturday, December 21 - 6 - 6:30pm
For hockey fans, the Phoenix Coyotes’ mascot, the Howler, will mix and mingle with guests on the ice, 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm on December 17, 2013.
Stroll through a lit fantasy land from November 21, 2013 - January 5, 2014, with more than 1.6 million lights illuminating the resort’s grounds and majestic lagoons. See graceful swans floating on the water, a buccaneer pirate ship, 14-foot poinsettias, a rocking horse, toy soldiers, Santa fishing and more. Throughout the resort, more than 100 trees will be wrapped in lights, many draped with icicles and snowflakes, along with a 10-foot lighted menorah and dreidels, the Three Wisemen and a skating polar bear.
FOUR STORY MUSICAL TREE
Nightly from November 21, 2013 - January 5, 2014, beginning every 10 minutes in Princess Plaza, our tree has 65,000 LED lights which “twinkle and dance” to 10 of your favorite holiday songs. During the day, our dazzling, four-story tree features dozens of glistening snowflakes and a 5-foot snowflake tree topper.
Located adjacent to the Desert Ice Skating Rink, Kringle's Korner offers a variety of ornaments, toys, gifts, hats, scarves and mittens, holiday decor, glow sticks and blinking novelty items, gourmet treats and holiday cards and ornaments designed by Phoenix Children’s Hospital patients. Kringle's Korner is open daily until 10pm from November 21, 2013 - January 5, 2014.
*Proceeds from card sales will support the Phoenix Children’s Hospital 27th Annual Card Project fund-raiser.
TOYS FOR TOTS
The tree lighting ceremony kicks off the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ toy drive for Toys for Tots in partnership with the Scottsdale Fire Department. The resort is a drop-off location for Toys for Tots through December 20, 2013 . Local residents can pull right up to the Toys for Tots box at the front drive, where a bellman is happy to accept their unwrapped gift.
Additional Toys for Tots Drop-off Locations at the following
Enterprise Rent-A-Car locations:
Enterprise Holdings Administrative Office:
1444 W. Auto Dr.
Tempe, AZ. 85284
North Scottsdale Location:
15075 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ. 85260
NEW THIS YEAR!
- High-Definition, Animated Light Show: five delightful holiday scenes set to music and projected against the resort’s façade at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. nightly in the Enchanted Plaza from November 21, 2013 – January 5, 2014.
- The resort’s Fragrance Garden becomes the Nativity Garden: An 88-foot narrated Nativity light show tells the story of Christmas. Seating is provided for the 10-minute show. Shows begin at 5 p.m. and occur every 10 minutes until 9 p.m., nightly throughout the festival.
- Holiday Hideaway for Adults at Bourbon Steak: Guests can snuggle up at Bourbon Steak’s new fire pits and enjoy holiday cocktails, adult s‘mores infused with specialty liqueurs, small bites and more, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m., throughout the holiday season.
- La Hacienda at Feliz Navidad Plaza: La Hacienda opens its patio of Feliz Navidad Plaza, where the backdrop is a 25-foot fiesta tree and music filling the air with the sounds of the season for guests to enjoy a flaming coffee, house-made tamales and festive menu. Classic holiday movies will be showing nightly for diners on the Barbecoa patio.
The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess has a number of unique food and beverage experiences from Michael Mina’s Bourbon Steak to La Hacienda by Richard Sandoval and Ironwood American Kitchen, The Grill at the TPC, and The Plaza Bar. Each offer special holiday menus, featuring winter cocktails and wine selections and will join together for one spectacular Christmas Day brunch.
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Reservations from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Children (6 - 12): $37.50
Children 5 and under: FREE (with paying adult)
Cancellations after 72 hours will be charged 50% of their reservation.
Click here to view our Christmas Brunch Menu.
For reservations please call Restaurant Reservations: 480-585-2694
To book your holiday vacation package or for questions, please call 480-585-4848 or toll free at 1-800-344-4758.