Spend just one day under the spring sun in Scottsdale, Arizona and you'll understand why the city is considered one of the best places to vacation for family spring breaks, refreshing girl spa getaways, guys spring training baseball trips and more! Looking for somewhere beautiful? We've got natural wonders and the only blooming desert around. Looking for an easy and safe travel destination? Nearby Sky Harbor Airport offers non-stop flights from 114 different domestic destinations and 24 international destinations! Looking for a trip that will interest every member of the family? From world-class golf to world-class pools, Scottsdale is the playcation destination for all ages! Below are our top 8 reasons to visit Scottsdale this spring.
1. Re-connect and reclaim family timeThe last year has kept many families apart due to the pandemic and it's time to get back together. The Princess offers a variety of activities to entertain the whole family: from fishing derbies in the lagoons to the playground and sport court area to our beach pool with splash pad and waterslide pool for added fun in the sun. Click here to explore the resort. (And not to forget about Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa, we offer an award-winning spa and world-class golf as well.)
2. Springtime at the PrincessWhether you're looking for a blast of sunlight to recharge your soul in 2021, or time to turn up the adventure and try something new, springtime at the Princess offers guests unforgettable events and activities to partake in. From al fresco dining under the starry sky at five signature restaurants, to dive-in movies after dark at Sunset Beach, it's a spring break vacationer's paradise. Click here for full details.
3. Barrett-Jackson Collectible Car Auction (March 20-27, 2021)As the host hotel, our guests can get up close to this high octane nationally televised event located minutes away from the resort. Take a seat in some of the most valuable and storied vintage and custom rides in the world, and experience the thrill of the auction at Barrett-Jackson's 2021 show in Scottsdale! Click here to learn more.
4. MLB Cactus League Spring TrainingRuns daily through March 29, 2021. Catch big league players at little league prices at any one of 10 stadiums, four of which are only 20 minutes from the resort. With a ballpark hotdog in one hand, a frosty ice cold beverage in the other, and the sun on your skin, there's really no better place in the world. Tickets are limited due to reduced capacities, so book early to guarantee seats. View the entire MLB Spring Training Cactus League schedule here.
5. Legacy eventsScottsdale is an incredible place to celebrate spring holidays and special events, including Easter, the Kentucky Derby, Cinco De Mayo and Mother's Day 2021. Fairmont Scottsdale is known for bringing families together with exciting legacy events for every celebration, and these springtime festivities are no exception! Join us for an impressive Easter Brunch in Palomino Ballroom on Sunday, April 4, 2021 and enjoy an Alice in Wonderland themed egg hunt in the ballroom and photo ops for families dressed in their Easter Best! Kentucky Derby is hosted at Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak, and it is hands down the best place to cheer on your favorite horse during the "fastest two minutes in sports". Cinco De Mayo at La Hacienda, known as Arizona's Best Mexican Restaurant, is an authentic and lively experience you won't want to miss. And don't forget mom this year! She deserves extra love and pampering at our Mother's Day brunch.
6. Stop and smell the flowersSpring is a wonderful time to experience the Sonoran Desert as it's the only living desert on the planet! See it all come to life from March to May when wildflower blooms reveal the most vibrant colors culminating with the grand finale – the majestic Saguaro cactus which blooms in early May. Guests can either enjoy the cactus garden at the resort or experience the desert first hand in any one of the nearby parks or preserves.
7. Take a hikeBreak away from the rat race of life or even the treadmill at the gym and enjoy a change of pace in the great outdoors. The Valley of the Sun boasts thousands of miles of hiking trails including the McDowell Sonoran Preserve just minutes away from the Princess with hiking trails available for all fitness levels including a handicap accessible trail!
8. Wide open spacesWhat would a trip to Arizona be without a desert adventure? Get a bird's eye view of the Sonoran Desert and catch one of our famous cotton candy sunsets on an afternoon hot air balloon ride, check the Grand Canyon off your bucket list or explore the painted canyons and landscape of our beautiful state on a Jeep tour or horseback ride. All of our tour partners and excursion companies are up, running and ready to welcome guests with safety protocols in place. And only at Fairmont Scottsdale, you can book them directly online here and guarantee your space at Arizona's top tours and excursions.
Plan Your 2021 Scottsdale Vacation Today!
With so much to explore in Scottsdale, there's no better time to plan your 2021 getaway. Make sure to give yourself enough time to enjoy and experience it all, with our Grand Getaways package. This special value package gives guests the opportunity to experience a week of the suite life, with a week in a Deluxe Fairmont room for only $1,000, a week in a Casita Jr. Suite for only $2,000 or a week in a Casita Suite for only $3,000! This package also includes 15% off all food, beverage, spa and retail purchases during your stay.