Our desert paradise paints a scene for the perfect winter getaway. With endless events such as Christmas at the Princess and the Waste Management Phoenix Open, there is never a dull moment in Scottsdale. Not sure where to start? Don't worry, we're here for you! Below is a list of our top picks for things to do this season. Bring your camera, loved ones and mocha peppermint latte and let's go on this quest for the best.
Festivals and Events
First stop, the excitement of winter brings so much magic to the desert.
- Christmas at the Princess: Prepare to be enchanted at our winter wonderland. With over 6 million dazzling lights, it's no wonder we're a favorite in the Valley. The Village and Twinkle Town also offer rides, pictures with Santa, various ice skating rinks and more. This is a great experience for families or date night and can be enjoyed from November 16, 2021 – January 2, 2022. Tickets may be purchased here.
- Chihuly in the Desert: Famous American glass-blowing artist, Dale Chihuly will be displaying his art amongst the desert backdrop as part of a new stunning exhibition. His art can be viewed at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West and Desert Botanical Garden from December 3, 2021, through June 19, 2022. Tickets may be purchased here.
- Barrett-Jackson: We are proud to be the official resort for the 50th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction happening January 22-30, 2022. Automotive enthusiast rejoice for the opportunity to be up close and personal to some of the most sought-after vehicles and collector items. Tickets start at $181 per adult and $76 per child and may be purchased here.
Major Sporting Events
For the sports enthusiasts, these ones are for you!
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: One of the valley's most anticipated events happens in our backyard. The WMPO is hosted at the TPC Scottsdale Stadium from February 7-13, 2022. Our resort offers packages that includes tickets to the event, exclusive access to the 5th hole, complimentary shuttle to and from the main entrance, and more. Ticket may be purchased here.
- College Bowl Games: College football lovers, this one is for you. Phoenix is pleased to welcome back the Guaranteed Rate Bowl and PlayStation Fiesta Bowl. These charity driven games bring the community together. Games are head Tuesday, December 28, 2021 and Saturday, January 1, 2022. Tickets may be purchased here.
- Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show: The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show has been a staple in our city within the horse community since 1955. Breeders and trainers from around the world compete for a chance to win. The show has nearly 2400 horses competing from February 17-27, 2022. More information may be found here.
‘Tis the season to experience what makes Scottsdale a leading golfing destination. With sunshine on the forecast, mountains on the horizon and endless miles of green, it is easy to see why winter is a prime time of year to golf. Our partnership with local courses allow our guests customized experiences for whatever they are looking for at whatever level they're at. We also offer stay packages that include credits towards our partner courses, including TPC and Grayhawk. Our package options can be viewed here.
Bucket-List Desert Adventures
We all have that bucket list that we are slowly checking off and continuing to add to. Below are some of the items on our list that we think you would love. Because sharing is caring.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: Rise and shine (literally) on a breathtaking ride that will bring you to new heights as you take in the views of our desert oasis. Flights may be booked here.
- Hiking: Whether you want to conquer the mighty Camelback or go on a scenic drive to further out mountains, Arizona has plenty of hiking trails to keep you busy. If looking for a guided experience, Wild Bunch Desert Guides are experts in hiking and mountain biking. Hiking tours may be booked here.
- Biking: Biking is becoming more and more popular in our beautiful state. We have plenty of bike friendly paths for urban bikers and great terrain for mountain bikers. Again, Wild Bunch Desert Guides can take you on great mountain biking expeditions. Bike tours may be booked here.
- Hummer Tours: Where the road turns into dirt is where the adventure really begins. Companies like Stellar Adventures know how to give you that once-in-a-lifetime experience with outings such as hummer tours, atving, stargazing, and more. Boost up your adrenaline with these jaw dropping off road excursions and see what our desert really has to offer. Tours may be booked here.
- Visit the Grand Canyon: Since our state is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, it only makes sense that you have a chance to see it up close. Grand Canyon Railway wants you to sit back and relax on this unique trip to the canyon. Take in the sights, indulge in the cuisine and be serenaded by the live music that all takes place on a historic train track. Once you arrive, you taken to the one and only Grand Canyon where you can plan a hike, camp, or just visit for the day. Trips may be booked here.
Once you have checked off some of those bucket list items, it's time to explore what we have to offer right outside your guest room. If you are hungry, we invite you to join us in one of our six dining outlets.
- La Hacienda: Modern Mexican cuisine and tequila bar with recipes inspired by world-renowned Chef Richard Sandoval.
- Ironwood American Kitchen: Farm to table influenced dishes served for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bourbon Steak: Modern steakhouse cuisine created by award-winning Chef Michael Mina.
- The Plaza Bar: Contemporary and chic indoor/outdoor bar with specially crafted cocktails, local brews, and exquisite bites.
- Toro Latin Restaurant and Rum Bar: An infusion of Asian and Latin flavors with an elevated rum list.
- In-Room Dining: 24/7 dining for when you don't want to leave your bed.